DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

23/12/2015

WIP Wednesday

I finished my Honey Cowl Hat!  I used the honey cowl stitch pattern and the same yarn as my honey cowl, so now I have a matched set.  The skein that I used for the hat did  not bleed nearly as much as the skein that I used for the cowl.  As a result, the cowl is slightly less vibrant than the hat, but I am hoping that I am the only one who will notice. 

Here it is before blocking and weaving in the ends.  
I knit a lot of socks on very thin yarn and very thin needles.  This cowl and hat set worked up in worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles seemed like such a quick knit in comparison.  It was nice to change things up a bit.  

I also acquired this lovely yarn bowl.  It is made by a local (to me) potter and sold at my LYS.  This is the first real yarn bowl I have ever owned.  I am fabulous at improvising yarn bowls and other knitting notions using things within arms reach of my knitting chair :)  I have already warned my husbeast that this may be the start of a collection.  


I finished a sock!  I have to knit 2.5 socks by the 31st and get them in the mail on the 2nd of January. Wish me luck.  

I started another sock.  This one seems like such a quick knit compared the the one pictured above - but I might just be telling myself that because the deadline looms and I am getting desperate.  
I hope you have had a great knitting week.   I would love to hear what you are knitting right now.  If you are celebrating solstice this week, Happy Solstice!  If you are celebrating Christmas this week, Merry Christmas!

Happy Knitting
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment