DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

16/09/2015

WIP Wednesday

I knit a few rows on my Cecily Twinset, but it still looks exactly the same so there is no point in putting up a new picture.

I finished a hat this week:
It is a reversible beanie knit in fingering weight yarn.  It will keep my daughter's head warm and stylish this winter.  I have enough yarn left to make her a matching cowl, all I need is time to knit it.

The grey side of the hat is Berroco Folio and it is so soft.  It feels very luxurious yet is quite affordable.  It would be lovely in a cowl or other garment worn against the skin. (I am not being compensated by Berroco in any way.  These opinions are my own and are unsolicited).

The plum coloured side is plain stockinette while the grey side uses a lacy pattern with eyelets so the plum can show through from underneath.  I knit them as one piece.  The plum hat was knit top-down and the grey hat was knit bottom-up; no seaming or grafting together.

Helpful Hint: be sure to weave in your ends before you finish the second hat because once that hat is closed all the ends are stuck on the inside.   Ask me how I know.

I have started a new project with another Berroco yarn, a pair of socks.  So far so good.  I should have a pic next week.  I spent 3 hours yesterday swatching for these socks because I had trouble getting the stitch pattern to look the way I envision it in my head.  Now that I have made it work, I have cast on for the cuff of the sock.

I also have not worked on the Hitchhiker at all.  I am hoping to add a few rows to both the Hitchhiker and Cecily Twinset this week.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment