DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

22/04/2015

Knit All The Sweaters!

After many gauge swatches and having to go down 4 needle sizes (the pattern calls for 3.25mm and I ended up at 2.25mm) I have finally started my Cecily Twinset.  Here's how the yoke of the cardigan is looking so far:
The yarn is Gloss Fingering by KnitPicks in 'velveteen'.  The pattern is really well written.  Even though it is fingering weight and will take me forever, I am looking forward to watching it grow and take form.

Sweaters seem to be a thing that I am into now.  I am already planning more sweaters - my wardrobe can use some nice handknit sweaters so this is a practical way to feed my yarn addiction.

I recently ordered these:

Here we have  Knitpicks Wool of the Andes worsted in 'Amethyst Heather' and 'chocolate'  I am thinking the Amethyst would be great for Chance of Snow, and the chocolate for either Snowbird or Postgrad. I really like cardigans.  They are a staple for me.  I love to layer.  a tank top or t-shirt with a cardigan is my typical outfit 3 seasons of the year.

Next up on the needles - after Cecily - is Wink.  I love this sweater.  The moment I saw it on Ravelry I knew I had to make one.   I already have enough of this Cascade 220 Superwash in my stash to make it:
The colour is 'Charcoal'.

I also have  a lot of this discontinued Mission Falls yarn in my stash:
It is a 100% cotton, sage green colour with a lot of twist.  I believe t is either Aran/Worsted weight.  I will have to look at the WPI to know for sure.   I really love the colour and would love to have a sweater made from this.  I am open to ideas...if you have any thoughts please let me know.

I am also currently working on a design for the October issue of 'I Like Knitting' magazine and a pair of socks that I am undecided about publishing yet.  When they are finished, I will take some photos and see what other knitters think.

This weekend I am going to the Toronto Knitters Frolic (!) I have never been to the frolic before and I am so excited I can hardly sleep.  My husband and my wallet are both afraid, but it will be fine.  I am hoping to find some artisanal laceweight to make an EnPointe Pullover.  I am going to take cash.  Set a limit and stick to it.  I hope.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

1 comment:

  1. I thought I had a lot of sweaters on the go! Your colours will add nicely to your wardrobe. Have fun at the Frolic.

    ReplyDelete