DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

03/06/2015

All Fingering Weight, All The Time

I finished another thing!

This pattern is 'Equinox' by me.  It was the March 2015 sock pattern for the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Rockin' sock club.  Please note that this pair is not knit in the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock colourway for that month.   That colourway and this pattern are available only to subscribers for one year.  But I can tell you that the March 2015 yarn is beautiful, scrumptious and absolutely luxurious.  I loved working with it.  I can't show it to you but several subscribers have posted photos on Ravelry.  I will make this pattern available after the rights to it revert back to me.

I cast on my next pair.  I am trying some cotton sock yarn to shake things up a bit.
This pair is for the Husbeast.  He hinted that he would like some cotton socks to wear to work in the warm months.  He likes to wear funky, loud socks under his conservative, investment banker uniform.  The yarn is Patons Stretch Socks in 'Fruit Slices'; colourful yet muted at the same time.  I like them.  I am doing a simple 3X2 ribbing down the leg, a heel flap, then will continue the ribbing on the top of the foot and finish with a rounded Kitchener stitched toe.  Hopefully they will be a quick knit and he will actually get to wear them soon.

Also, this week this happened:
Cute little squares for my scrap sock yarn blanket.  These seem to be very popular right now and apparently I am easily influenced.  I get the attraction to this project though: each square takes about 20 minutes so it totally indulges my desire for instant gratification.  Also each one is different so there is a low boredom factor.  They are straight garter stitch so they make for awesome mindless knitting.  My squares are just under 2 inches long on each side.  I know that there is this super-adorable mini-skein trend going on right now, but I have boxes of scrap sock yarn from all the socks that I have knit so this will likely be a true scrap blanket.  Except for the border.  I have decided to not join my squares as I go, instead I think I will order a few skeins of bare (un-dyed) sock yarn and crochet the squares together with about a 1/2 inch border in between squares and then crochet a border around the perimeter.  That's my plan right now.  It may change.  It will probably change.  We'll have to see how it plays out.

I am still plugging away slowly on my Cecily Twinset.  Fingering weight sweaters are slow moving projects.  I am almost ready to separate the sleeves - about 4 more rows I think.  Each row is over 300 stitches now so four rows is a time commitment.  I will post pics after I have separated for the sleeves.  

I just realized all the projects that I have on the needles right now use fingering weight yarn. This is why I have so much time between finished projects.  I would finish more projects if I gravitated toward bulky weight yarns, or even worsted...
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment