DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

10/02/2015

Coming Soon

I have been working on a cowl/wrap/hood pattern.  It is called Pembry and it is currently with the tech editor being fine tuned. 

These are progress photos taken in my iPhone.  They were taken before blocking and before the ends were woven in. The finished project will look more polished ;)

It is knit in the round, it is reversible (I like the reverse stockinette side best) and uses dropped stitches.  
Pembry uses fingering weight yarn (less than a 100gram skein) and is knit on 5.00 mm needles to create a loose, airy fabric that drapes elegantly. 

I designed it because I wanted something that could go over my shoulders with a black sleeveless dress, but I think it would be great with jeans and a tank top so I might style it that way for the pattern photos. 
There I am wearing it hood-style with no make-up on. 

The yarn is KnitPicks Gloss Fingering in 'Velveteen'

I expect to release it next week. 

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment