DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

31/12/2014

Coming Soon

Happy New Year!!!

May you have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2015!

I have been busily making plans for 2015.  I am hoping planning to release 12 new patterns in the new year, not including the 3 third-party publishing commitments I have coming up in first quarter of 2015.  Two of them have been completed and sent on their way.  I will post pics as soon as they are published and I am allowed to share the images.  I am busily working on the third design right now.  It is top secret (and very exciting!).  I am not allowed to show any pics of that one either.  But I will be able to brag fully about it in early Spring.

I am also planning 3 pairs of socks, 3 sweaters, 1 (possibly 2) skirts, a dog sweater, and 3 non-wearable accessories

I am hoping to release Regina in January. The pattern is on its way to the tech editor for approval.   Here are some preliminary pics from my iPhone. Please forgive the photo quality, I take these photos for my own reference while I am designing/knitting the project.

Regina is a looonnng (97 inches!) Fibonacci inspired garter stitch striped scarf/shawl that is knit on the bias.  It was born from my yearning for something versatile and dramatic that I can wear with my favourite red trench coat.  It is great for TV knitting as it is an easy two row repeat in garter stitch.  The colour changes keep it interesting.


Look how many ways you can wear it.  Totally versatile.  And long enough to be a little bit dramatic - when I'm in the mood to be dramatic.  Note my vacuum and stability ball photobombing in the background.

This would be great in so many colour combinations - black and just about any colour...two neutrals would be great in this pattern too.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment