DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

21/10/2015

WIP Wednesday

This week is all about the socks. 
I have turned the heel on my new sock design for 'Les Belles Bouclettes' yarn.  I am in the home stretch and will have sock #1 finished today or tomorrow.  I am really happy with how it is turning out.  
Also I have started a sock for my son. Apparently,  he is under serviced in the sock department and has let me know that he feels there should be some perks to having a mother who designs and knits socks. He's right, and he really loves and wears his hand knits so there are a few pairs of socks coming his way. 

I am always a happy knitter when there are socks on my needles, so it has been a good week.  

I hope you are having a good week too. I would love to see your WIPs. 
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

3 comments:

  1. I'm finishing one sock, but I'm anxiously awaiting a delivery of curved metal dpns to try with the second sock. Unfortunately, the rest of today will be a frogging day. 6 skeins into a blanket and I will not have enough yarn to finish. "I must swatch for gauge" is my mantra for the week! Happy crafting everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curved metal DPNs? I have never heard of these...who makes them? Please let me know how you like them. DPNs are my favourite sock-knitting method and curved DPNs sound like they might be really interesting and maybe good for the hands and wrists. Sorry you are frogging. I find wine helps the frogging go a bit easier.

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely let you know. The only sets that I've seen available for purchase are the plastic (neko?) brand. A woman that I'm in a few facebook groups with asked me if I'd seen the curved sets (most know that I'm a total needle nerd) I replied that I had, but wouldn't try them because plastic hurts my fingers. She then offered to sell me a couple of sets that she had acquired from her LYS. I haven't received them yet so I don't know if they are a brand or a handcrafted item.

    ReplyDelete