DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

02/09/2015

WIP Wednesday

This week I finished the smaller version of the very large market bag that I designed:

I wet blocked this one. Then ended up steam blocking because the wet blocking did not work out very well.  I will explain that more in Monday's blog post where I will compare steam blocking vs. wet blocking cotton.  The bag is cute and definitely smaller, which was my goal.  I used a different stitch pattern for the body of the bag - one that does not use as much yarn as dropped stitches.  Here it is in its pouch:
It is about 70% smaller than the larger bag.   The larger bag, Allons-y, has been test knit (by some pretty awesome test knitters) and is almost finished being tech edited.  I am hoping to release it into the world on Friday.

This week, I also added a couple of teeth to my Hitchhiker:
 And started a new hat design that I am tentatively calling Miles and Miles of Stockinette:
I hope to have the prototype finished, graded and written up by Wednesday so it can be tested.  If you are interested in testing, contact me on Ravelry, my Facebook page or this blog and let me know.

Have you liked my Facebook page yet?  When I reach 100 likes, I will be doing a pattern give-away...
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment