DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

17/02/2016

WIP Wednesday

I lost two knitting days this week: I threw my back out and I had a nasty head cold.  The spasm-y back made it painful to knit and the cold meds caused too many knitting mistakes - so I accepted my limitations and took a couple of days off.  Despite that, I feel that I got a lot of knitting done. 

I worked a few rows of my Cecily Twinset this week.  This WIP will be a year old in April.  I might throw it a small party.  I was so naive optimistic when I cast on this sweater - I thought I would have gotten 6 months of wear out of it by now.  Going forward, I am going to try to spend a couple of hours of quality time with Cecily each week.  I have to finish this sweater before I will allow myself to cast on the next sweater.  


I also worked a few rounds of my Galactic hat.  I am about an inch away from starting the decreases. Hopefully I will be wearing it out in the world by the end of February.  This is not the best photo of the yarn - the green is much more of a lime green in real life.  

I am just about ready to turn the heel on my Burberry sock.  I love it so much, are you tired of hearing me say how much I love this yarn?  It's almost over - it should be off the needles and on my feet soon.  

I have cast on a new design.  Actually, I cast it on 5 times (which is typical for my creative process). The first 4 times it was going to be a lacy sock design.  That did not work out so now it is a sort of delicate cable design. Let me know what you think.  This is my absolute favourite shade of green.  I have stopped wearing design samples, but I might make an exception for this one. 

I hope you have had a great knitting week!



Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment