DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

27/01/2016

WIP Wednesday

I ordered more 'Trenchcoat' sock yarn from Turtlepurl yarns.  The Husbeast *needs* a pair of these socks with the coordinating heel and toe yarn.  (emphasis on 'needs' is mine, not his).  I am so in love with this yarn.  I might get some worsted weight and make myself a lovely Burberry cowl. 


My Burberry sock is coming along nicely, I am working on the toe.  The toes and heels will be sparkly since the only black sock yarn I could find in my stash is sparkly.  Good thing I don't mind a little bling on my feet. 

I decided to cast on Galactic Hat by Julianna Puccini.  The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn, but after about 3 minutes of math I was able to figure out the numbers for fingering weight given my gauge and head size.  I love the way this yarn is working up in this pattern. 
 

I currently have no design work on the needles.  I have some tech editing projects on the go, so I am still working, but I am happy for a few days off from designing.  I need to figure out what I want to start next (hint: probably socks) and cast-on later this week, or early next week. 

What have you been working on?
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment