DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

16/12/2015

WIP Wednesday

I finished my Honey Cowl!  I love this pattern.  The slipped stitches and the variegated yarn work so well together.  But the thing I love most about this cowl (and most slip stitch patterns) is that the wrong side is just as lovely as the right side.  Here are a couple of photos of me wearing my new cowl:
I stepped outside so that the colours in the yarn would be true on camera.  In reality, they are actually a bit more vibrant than they appear.  Since all my winter coats are neutrals, this  vibrancy will really brighten up dull, dreary winter days.  As soon as the cold weather hits, I am ready.


You'll notice I did not get dressed, brush my hair or put on any make-up for these pics.  I took this photo yesterday (Tuesday) which is the same day I clean the washrooms, so I am dressed accordingly.  But, since the cowl was finished blocking and it was warm enough to stand outside, I decided to take a break from scrubbing toilets and photograph my new cowl.

I have started a matching hat using the same yarn and stitch pattern:
This photo insisted on staying sideways, so I stopped fighting it and embraced it.

I *might* have enough yarn left for a pair of fingerless mitts.  I only have about 2 inches of knitting before the decreases so I will weigh the leftovers and decide from there - I will definitely have enough if I use a solid yarn with the leftovers.  I hope to finish the hat this weekend.

And here is a sneak peak of a design for a magazine that I have cast on 5 times now.  Seriously.  5 times.  That is not a typo.  I seem to have gotten it right this time and I am happy with how it is coming along.
I can't show you a really good photo because it is top secret until Fall 2016.

I hope you have had a great knitting week.  I would love to see or hear about what you are working on.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment