DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

27/11/2014

Things I ♥

I am a sockblocker convert.  I absolutely ♥ my new sockblockers.  In all my years of knitting socks (a lot of years) I have never blocked a pair of socks.  I always dismissed sockblockers as unnecessary.  I held fast in my opinion that socks and hats are self blocking - they will conform to the shape of the wearer's feet and head.  I still believe that, but hand knit socks stretched over a sockblocker is a pretty sight and makes admiring the socks so much easier than walking around lifting people's pant legs and trying to remove their shoes.  I joke.

These are my sockblockers.  I went with Steel.  I like their minimalist look.  There are many lovely artisanal sockblockers made of wood (see Etsy) and some pretty, functional plasic sockblockers too that come in funky colours.  I really fell for the stainless steel, though.  And since I am an all-or-nothing kind of girl, I bought all the sizes.  I purchased mine at Webs.  This was my first time ordering from Webs and they were quick to ship and it was a great experience - except for the part where customs held up my order and held my sockblockers hostage at the border for ransom taxes and I would order from them again.
my sockblockers in action


I like them so much I have this crazy plan of knitting a bunch (6) of funky-awesome one of a kind socks and hanging them on a wall in my home as a knitterly/yarnie art installation.  Maybe in the home office?  Hallway leading to the laundry room?  Because having an entire room devoted to my craft is apparently not enough.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment